We will ensure that our staff have the capability to deliver on our strategy, both now and in the future. We will ensure that they have the skills and competence to fulfil the requirements of their role and that they are aligned to our organisational values.
Additionally we will support and develop our staff so that they are able to flourish in their role, develop in their career and maximise their potential. Specifically:
- We will establish effective career and technical frameworks for all staff and enhance development support at all levels aligned to these frameworks.
- We will provide a wide range of staff development activities focused on delivering Fusion.
- We will review and align all career development processes, including probation, appraisal, personal and professional development planning, pay progression and promotion and align academic structure to the ‘Fusion’ model.
- We will undertake a skills audit to analyse the gaps between skills required in 2018 and those currently within the workforce. Development needs will be embedded in the core staff development programme.
- We will establish effective succession planning and talent management processes to identify and support our workforce for the future.
- We will establish a culture of mentoring and coaching that supports staff interaction with students, as well as for staff to ensure they fulfill their potential.
- We will enable staff secondments and sabbaticals to support staff to develop activities aligned to Fusion and, for example, to write up a doctoral thesis, to innovate, experience good practice and to embed that back into practice at BU.